The Golden Goulds
Found a great chestnut over at The Daily Kos with some laughable (and frighteningly enough, real) arguments against evolution. Some highlights:
- Fossils are made of tar in factories in China
- There's no way a fish could've evolved lungs before it died on open land
- Let's have a discussion about this, but you have no proof and I'm not going to listen to you
- Terrorists teach evolution in their "madroseos"
- "Most mammals contain DNA similaities because mammals eat other mammals. "
It boggles the mind, really that...k, I got nothing, my mind is too boggled right now.
Of note, this comment, presumably by a former colleague of Stephen Jay Gould. A perfect example of a responsible politician.